Tuesday, March 5, 2013

To Special Mommies

I remember when I found out I was expecting I hoped that I would not have a baby with special needs.  I never thought I was cut out to be one of those moms.  Well, baby girl decided to come 12 weeks early and had a laundry list of health conditions.  It w so weird how every negative thought I ever had about special babies went out the window.  I immediately became the person I needed to be to take care of her.  I truly believe that God picks out extra special moms to bless these kinds of babies with.  We are part of the chosen few that are so extraordinary and have so much compassion and empathy we are the ones made for such a task.  You know what else, we never complain, we do what we have to do to take care of our special babies and we do it with a smile on our face.  So, if you ever feel burdened or unappreciative of the hand your dealt, just think about how special you are and that your one of the lucky ones hand picked to be blessed with a wonderful extra special child!
<3 SGM

No comments:

Post a Comment